Emerging Technologies (FPGAs) @ 2018 ACI-REF VRFri 10 August 2018 by Dr. Dirk Colbry
Today is the last day of the 2018 ACI-REF Virtual residency workshop here in Norman Ok. It was a great week with a lot of great people. I highly recommend the workshop for anyone in the area of Advanced Computing Instruction especially those do some Research and Education Facilitation in their roles.
Thank you Aaron Bergstrom (U North Dakota) for again facilitating the panel discussion on Emerging Technologies at the . My fellow panel members included:
- David Chin, Drexel U re Hadoop/Spark/MapReduce
- Shawn Doughty, Tufts U re OnDemand and Jupyter/Rstudio
- Anita Schwartz, U Delaware re Singularity
- Mariya Vyushkova, U Notre Dame re Quantum Computing
I was invited to this panel to share based on the work we are doing at the CMSE department related to FPGAs.
- Purchased 2 nodes with Altera FPGAs
- Started a FPGA Taskforce for interested researchers
- Working with a Graduate Student (Ahmed Yousif) on an independent study related to an optimization problem (function fitting) on FPGAs
- This fall CMSE plans to conduct a Graduate Course to benchmark and test the 7 dwarves algorithms
Here is a direct link to my FPGA slides:
Follow the workshop on Facebook